What is the CRT-L at CCBC? The Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning Program (CRT-L) is a dynamic partnership for academic equity involving both the Office of Instruction and the Office of Enrollment and Student Services at the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC). Since inception in 2004, the CRT Program has led 1500+ faculty and staff and thousands of students to actively address individual and institutional self-awareness, attitudes and beliefs, knowledge of others, and the skills and practices needed to collaborate with new understandings and cultural proficiencies.
- CRTL Conference 2018 Program
- Register Today! In addition to the keynote presentations by Dr. Gloria Ladson-Billings and Dr. Kimberly R. Moffit, (April 19-20) the 4th Annual CRT Conference will include a pre-conference institute (April 18) focused on what CRT-L at CCBC entails and train-the trainer sessions for those interested in starting their own CRT-L initiative at their institutions.
Summer 2017: Trainers offer Interactive Preview of CRT-L to Public School District in Morristown, New JerseyIn August, two trainers of the Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning Program (CRT-L) at CCBC travel to Morristown, New Jersey to present a three-hour workshop previewing the content and process of the CRT-L. The successful session paved the way for further collaborations and dialogue via CRT-L modules workshops.
- This summer for the third year, trainers from CCBC’s Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning Program successfully conducted four two-hour training modules with BCPS Middle School Math teachers.
- The Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learn Program (CRT-L) at CCBC and Mount St. Mary’s University in Emmitsburg, Maryland are partnering this year to provide trainings for faculty and staff at Mount St. Mary’s, a private, liberal arts, Catholic university. An introductory event in August was attended by nearly one hundred people, and a cohort of twenty plus participants will meet ...
- Follow and like us on Twitter @CRTCC and conference thread #crtcon14, and Facebook.com/CRTcc.
- The Mellon Foundation has presented our CRT-L program with a unique and exciting opportunity. Doctoral students and post-Docs at Johns Hopkins University will receive training in our CRT-L modules this fall and spring in preparation for teaching at CCBC and elsewhere. CRT-L trainers will conduct four two-hour workshops at the Homewood Campus of Johns Hopkins.
- Here is a list of the many activities completed this academic year: We successfully convened the 3rd Annual CRT Conference featuring Dr. Pedro Noguera and Dr. Lisa Williams Conducted the 8-day (24 contact hours) Winter 2017 CRT Seminar Two semester-long CETL CRT-L Adjunct Series (4 two-hour modules each) Four two-hour training sessions with Baltimore County Public Schools Middle School Math Teachers Train-the Trainer visits to Cerritos College, ...
- The Culturally Responsive Teaching Program at CCBC is among programs honored at Achieving the Dream 2015