What is the CRT-L at CCBC? The Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning Program (CRT-L) is a dynamic partnership for academic equity involving both the Office of Instruction and the Office of Enrollment and Student Services at the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC). Since inception in 2004, the CRT-L Program has led 1500+ faculty and staff and thousands of students to actively address individual and institutional self-awareness, attitudes and beliefs, knowledge of others, and the skills and practices needed to collaborate with new understandings and cultural proficiencies.
- Building on the success of the Pre-conference Train-the-Trainer Institute in April, the CRT-L Program at CCBC has scheduled a two-day Institute for November 8 and 9, 2018. We will again meet at the Maritime Conference Center near BWI Thurgood Marshal Airport in Linthicum, Maryland. Hotel reservations must be made separately through the Maritime Conference Center Please begin registration here Register
- The Culturally Responsive Teaching and Learning Program (CRT-L) at CCBC again partnered with The Baltimore County Public Schools’ Office of Equity and Cultural Proficiency, Morgan State University, Notre Dame of Maryland University, and Loyola University Maryland in calling hundreds to a conference of educational equity activists. Morgan State University, Baltimore October 30-31, 2018 The theme of the conference: All Eyes on Me: Sustaining the Equity Vision
- Follow and like us on Twitter @CRTCC and conference thread #crtcon14, and Facebook.com/CRTcc.
- The Mellon Foundation has presented our CRT-L program with a unique and exciting opportunity. Doctoral students and post-Docs at Johns Hopkins University received training in our CRT-L modules this spring in preparation for teaching at CCBC and elsewhere. CRT-L trainers will conduct four two-hour workshops at the Homewood Campus of Johns Hopkins. The program will continue each semester for the ...
- Here is a list of the many activities completed this academic year: We successfully convened the 4th Annual CRT-L Conference featuring Dr. Gloria Ladson-Billings and Dr. Kimberly R. Moffitt Launched a Train-the Trainer Institute at the CRT-L Conference; 40 educators from all corners of the country participated. Conducted a 5-day (15 contact hours) Winter 2018 CRT-L Seminar Two semester-long CETL CRT-L Adjunct Series (4 two-hour ...
- The Culturally Responsive Teaching Program at CCBC is among programs honored at Achieving the Dream 2015